Welcome!

Welcome! Here's my little personal corner of The Web. My intent is for this to be very personal and open, as I desire to live an open life.

You can also find family info on our family blog at turner98.blogspot.com.


Sunday, January 11, 2009

Why the bird?



You might ask, "Why the bird?"

Simple, I just get a big kick out of him.

As a father of three lovely young girls, I've been able to read and enjoy many wonderful children's books. This particular fellow is from Big Dog, Little Dog, by P.D. Eastman.

I don't want to spoil the book for you, but it ends with the unnamed bird offering up advice that I find to be remarkably compelling:

"Why make big problems out of little problems?"

This nicely sums up how I largely look at the world. I don't like silly problems, and I sure don't like when people, myself certainly included, make big problems out of little problems.


No comments: