Welcome!

Welcome! Here's my little personal corner of The Web. My intent is for this to be very personal and open, as I desire to live an open life.

You can also find family info on our family blog at turner98.blogspot.com.


Thursday, March 19, 2009

Book Review: "Who Wrote the Bible?"


Who Wrote the Bible?
by Richard E. Friedman

My short review:

Fascinating, insightful, and very well written. I previously had a passing familiarity with the Documentary Hypothesis, but this book fleshed it all out nicely.

The title is a bit misleading, as it only addresses the major sections of the Old Testament.

I'll probably read this book again soon. I can honestly say for the first time that the Old Testament is beginning to make a whole lot more sense! And that is quite a relief.

Highly recommended.

No comments: