Welcome!

Welcome! Here's my little personal corner of The Web. My intent is for this to be very personal and open, as I desire to live an open life.

You can also find family info on our family blog at turner98.blogspot.com.


Saturday, April 4, 2009

Moving to WordPress

I'm moving over to WordPress, at least for now. See me at jturner22.wordpress.com.

I like both Blogger and WordPress, and they're both great, free services. But I think I like WordPress a bit more for how I work.

Specifically, I'm moving for the following reasons:
  • Better previews of posts. This is important when attempting certain layouts in a post.
  • Better support for pictures. I like the direct integration in WordPress, rather than Blogger's bridge into Picasa.
  • Threaded comments
  • Active and regular development
However, I'm quite concerned about the Visual Editor in WordPress, which seems to eat a lot of valid HTML. I was attempting a post with tables, and when switching from the HTML to Visual editors, I was amazed at how quickly things got screwed up. No good, not good at all.

It also seems like WordPress is more about selling upgrades, so site customization is an extra fee. That's a bummer, as I like creating my own layout and CSS style sheets.

So, nothing's perfect, but free blogs are great, so just choose one and enjoy.

No comments: